The Lone Star Vaccine Forecaster accepts CVX codes, which are defined by the CDC. Please note that not all CVX codes are supported or are even relevant for an immunization forecast. Please consult the documentation below for details on specific CVX codes.
Access to the Lone Star Vaccine Forecaster can be done in several ways:
- Direct access via HTTP GET request
- Java API
- IHS Defined Standard on TCP/IP
Direct access can be done by using a simple HTTP GET command with the following parameters:
- evalDate Evaluation date, or the date when the forecast should be run for, Default to today's date. Must be in YYYYMMDD format.
- resultFormat Specify text, html or compact to request the format for the results.
- patientDob The date the patient was born. Must be in YYYYMMDD format.
- patientSex The sex of the patient. Should be M or F.
- vaccineDate[n] The date the vaccination was administered. Must be in YYYYMMDD format.
- vaccineCvx[n] The CVX code for the vaccination. Please consult documentation on supported CVX codes.
- vaccineMvx[n] The manufacturer code for the vaccination. No currently taken into account by TCH forecaster. Codes are defined by CDC.
The Java API is available to organizations authorized by TCH to receive it. Please see API Doc for more information.
IHS Defined Standard on TCP/IP
Indian Health Service has defined a specific standard to access the forecaster. This is defined in this Excel Spreadsheet. Access to the forecaster is accomplished through TCP/IP.